Lieutenant Colonel Emily T. Kubusek
Lieutenant Colonel Emily T. Kubusek is Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps, Detachment 645, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio. She recruits, trains, motivates, and counsels highly qualified young women and men as prospective Air Force Officers. She promotes Air Force career opportunities to university and high school students, faculty, parents and Administrators. She also instructs college courses, developing cadets and educating them on the foundation of the U.S. Air Force and leadership.
Lt Col Kubusek earned her commission through Reserve Officer Training Corps with a Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management from The Ohio State University in 2006. She has held various positions at the squadron, group, and wing levels throughout her career. She has accomplished many educational opportunities including a graduate certificate in Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction as a National Defense University Fellow as well as her intermediate developmental education as a Joint Mobility Fellow. Prior to her current position, she developed and managed nuclear operations policy for the Nuclear Execution Force that encompasses 27 tanker units from Air Mobility Command, National Guard Bureau, and Air Force Reserve Command. This coordination of the Total Force is critical for the execution of USSTRATCOM executable nuclear plans.
- Bachelor of Art, Aviation Management, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
- Master of Science, Psychology of Terrorism and Security, Walden University, by correspondence
- Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
- Joint Mobility Fellow, Scott AFB, Ill
- Integrated Supply Chain Management Certificate, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Mo.
- Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Graduate Certificate, Missouri State University, by correspondence
Major Awards and Decorations
- Air Medal with nine oak leaf clusters
- Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- Rating: Senior Pilot
- Flight hours: 2,950 including more than 1300 combat hours
- Aircraft Flown: T-6, T-1, T-41, T-51, T-53, KC-135 R/T
- Oct 2006-Aug 2008
- Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas
- Aug 2008-Feb 2012
- February 2012, KC-135R/T Pilot, Flight Scheduler, Mobility Chief, Squadron Executive Officer, 344th Air Refueling Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
- Feb 2012-Nov 2015
- T-53 Instructor Pilot, T-51 Instructor Pilot, T-41 Instructor Pilot, Precision Flying Team OIC, Powered Flight Commander, Scheduling Chief, Training Chief, 557th Flying Training Squadron, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
- Nov 2015-Jul 2018
- KC-135R/T Instructor Pilot, Assistant Operations Officer, 92d Air Refueling Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
- Jul 2018-Jul 2019
- Joint Mobility Fellow, Scott AFB, Ill.
- Aug 2019-Jun 2021
- Branch Chief, Nuclear Policy, Training, & Readiness, Headquarters Air Mobility Command A10N, Scott AFB, Ill.
- Jun 2021-Present
- Instructor, AFROTC Det 645 & Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio